Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Septemberfest :)

The article about the “Septemberfest” first caught my eye, when I heard it happened in Oklahoma, because that’s where I’m born. A lot of people think Oklahoma is a little, boring hillbilly state, but they are wrong. The Septemberfest is a big socially wide thing, and I think that this main event just proves that Oklahoma is more great then what people say. At the Septemberfest there are many things to do, for example, ride a horse, crack a whip, eat some good country food, learn about Oklahoma’s history, and so much more! I remember I went to the outing a long time ago when I was about six. I thought it was so much fun, because I won the potato-sack race, and I got to take home a silky blue ribbon, and I even got to milk a cow. Also when I was there, I remember learning so much about Oklahoma’s heritage. Like how in the olden days they used to use alcohol to cure wounds, and as well, I learned how cowboys had two kinds of rope, in which were best used in different conditions. Grass rope worked better in wet conditions and rawhide ropes were less desirable to use in wet conditions because they would stretch out and break. However, rawhide ropes could hold strong when dry. When I was a bit younger, I would wish I was a cowgirl because I would love to ride my grandmas horses, and I loved rodeos, and I would admire all the barrel racing people. I really admire Oklahoma and this fun activity for its good welcoming attitude.

No comments: